Pain Free with the Egoscue Method - with Sandy Taylor
In 2009, I was in an airbag accident; the airbag deployed while going 5 mph. There were multiple injuries from my sternum to my forehead. 1 1/2 years later the shoulder injury had not healed after many visits to my osteopath and physical therapist. In 2011, I was walking with a friend who was telling me about her experience with Egoscue Posture Alignment. She had walked duck-feet for many years and was experiencing hip pain. She was considering hip surgery. Then she visited an Egoscue Posture Alignment Therapist who gave her exercises to align all the joints - shoulders, hips, knees and ankles. As we were walking, her feet were pointed straight ahead and her hip pain had disappeared.
Soon after that, I had an appointment to have my posture aligned. I visited my osteopath only two more times after that because my shoulder pain had subsided. I've been doing these exercises for 8 years, almost daily. Degenerated discs that I lived with for 20 years have since healed because when my shoulders are in place, my head and neck are able to re-align and the discs are no longer irritated. When irritation ceases, healing can begin.
In 2014, I became certified as a Posture Alignment Therapist through the Egoscue Institute in San Diego; and have been recertified twice (a requirement every two years).
In the 4 years that I have been working with individual clients and group classes; I have witnessed many healings. My greatest reward is to see folks who have resigned themselves to living with pain and surgeries, walk tall and pain-free. After realigning their shoulders, hips, knees and ankles, their bodies can function optimally, as they are designed. It's really very simple. The secret is to make the exercises a daily part of their lives.
How is the Egoscue Method of Posture Alignment different from other popular exercise workouts?
1. It is about HEALING any pains caused by misalignment of the load joints. If the shoulders, hips, knees and ankles are stacked one on top of the other, then all muscles will be in their most functional position.
2. When muscles are STRENGTHENED in their most functional position, we have ideal posture automatically without conscious effort.
3. Our bodies love to function in their natural posture. Our pains disappear, we are more limber, we are able to do all activities without hurting. We have MORE ENERGY.
4.The Egoscue Method of Posture Alignment EXERCISES are designed to strengthen our muscles so they remain in their ideal position. The exercises are simple, and focus on OVERALL ALIGNMENT; not only the area that is in pain or out of position.
5. PREVENTION of future problems is the result.
6. The introduction classes will be EXPERIENTIAL. You will leave feeling much better than when you arrive.
Based on the book "Pain Free" by Pete Egoscue
Check out this website: painfree4life.net for more details.
Sign up for introduction classes at East West Bookshop on January 10, 17, 24 at 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Each class will be different, but will cover the basics. Come for one or for all three.
Cost: $12 per class. Special rates for individual sessions will be offered.