Ananda offers a 4-class Fullness Meditation Series every month at East West Bookshop, covering the topics Mind Fullness, Health Fullness, Peace Fullness and Soul Fullness. Save $20 if you sign up for all four classes. Studies have repeatedly shown that meditation can effectively help you deal successfully with managing stress, overcoming compulsive behavior, and reducing the threat of fears and anxieties to overwhelm good judgment. By learning proven mindfulness meditation methods to observing your reactions to circumstances and your response to your own thoughts, you can decide the best course of action in daily life.
- Clear the mind using simple breath control techniques
- Learn the double breath technique
- Learn diaphragmatic breathing
- Learn how to sit for meditation
- Practice observing the breath using an affirmation
- Clear the mind with simple imagery
- 3 states of consciousness: subconscious, conscious & superconscious
- Two separate practice sessions will be given during this class
This is the first of a 4-class Fullness Meditation Series that meets 4 Monday nights in June and includes classes on:
- Mind Fullness (July 3)
- Health Fullness (July 10)
- Peace Fullness (July 17)
- Soul Fullness (July 31)
Taught by Ananda Meditation Teacher Suryadas Holliman. Suggested text - How to Meditate by Jyotish Novak (available at East West Bookshop).