The Indigenous Art of Smudging from an Asian shamanic perspective with Jan Van Ysslestyne.
The Indigenous Art of Smudging with Jan Van Ysslestyne. This class will introduce ideas and techniques to the beginner or advanced practitioner to the art of smudging from an Asian shamanic perspective. We will explore the different qualities of plants, herbs, and resinous materials used by various cultures as well as their psychospiritual qualities. Topics to be explored will be:
1. Diagnostic and corrective measures in house cleaning
2. Learning to read the patterns in the smoke
3. The Do’s and Don’ts of cleaning another’s environment
4. Which material do you choose?
5. Protocols and variations in lunar timing for house smudging
6. Self-cleaning with smudging materials