A deeply-examined cultural reframe, empowering book talk, and Re-Mind-ing meditation into the nature of spiritual awakenings in the U.S. with Loraine Y. Van Tuyl.
Loraine Van Tuyl, PhD, CHT, is a licensed, holistic psychologist, shamanic healer, and depth hypnosis practitioner at the Sacred Healing Well (www.thesacredhealingwell.com), her private practice in Berkeley, CA, She has presented at the UCB counseling center, Native American Health Center, YMCA chapters, the Foundation of the Sacred Stream and other organizations on her innovative and shamanic healing methods and her recent book.
She is the author of Amazon Wisdom Keeper: A Psychologist’s Memoir of Spiritual Awakening (Oct 24, 2017), which recently received three finalist awards in the areas of Psychology/Mental Health, Multicultural Non-Fiction, and Book Cover Non-Fiction in the 2017 USA Best Books competition.
She is particularly interested in ‘tipping the consciousness scales,’ especially in Western society, by placing a 1 degree greater emphasis on spiritual health than mental health. One of her mantras is: for us to experience greater spiritual order, it’s almost a given that we will experience some mental disorder—as a sacred catalyst, necessary crisis, and/or natural byproduct while deconstructing our culturally conditioned, rational ego-mind perceptions of reality during our dark night of the soul (which she believes is indefinitely trapping way too many women brimming with great potential these days).
In order to move our awakening process along and get to the light at the end of the tunnel, she facilitates deep meditations that help students, clients and mentees to:
- stop trying to outsmart mystery,
- renature their denatured, wild souls,
- honor themselves for having brilliant truth-bodies instead of unreliable, defective pain-bodies,
- celebrate their fierce, awakening energy,
- build a welcoming and clear soul sanctuary using pain as a guidepost,
- practice being at least 1 degree more present and grounded in wholeness than in wounding and
- enjoy a 180 degree shift in well-being.
She will be discussing her personal journey and awakening struggles as a clinical psychology graduate student and budding shamanic healer, blindsided by startling visions, elusive drumming, and her inseverable mystical ties to the Amazon rainforest of her native Suriname” as well as give participants a taste of her carefully distilled and potent Sacred 7 Dimensions meditation.
1) ReTreeT themselves: reconnecting to As Above–So Below portals of divine energy and receive ancient, ancestral tree guidance;
2) ReActivate blocked barometers: renature the body and soul with the four elemental guides and cardinal directions:
- Pillar 1 Air-Spirit: wisdom, highest truth, the big picture, the long view, spaciousness, deep thought, mystery
- Pillar 2 Fire-Spirit: protection, vital energy, passion, heat, release, immunity, inspiration, transmutation
- Pillar 3 Earth-Spirit: grounding, stability, structure, support, organic, steady growth, pacing, density, receptivity
- Pillar 4 Water-Spirit: soothing, cleansing, clarity, flow, connection, emotion, flexibility, continuity, intuition
3) ReMember and ReMind their body and soul: Rely on the heart’s integrity and True North that are dwelling in a safe sanctuary of wholeness rather than wounding.
More info about her book, blog, events, and what others are saying here: https://www.thesacredhealingwell.com/amazon-wisdom-keeper
She was on the most recent Divine Insight radio show with Travis Taylor stationed in Seattle:
Her next radio show will be on Dec 6 at 7:30 am with Brenda Michaels of the Conscious Talk Radio show in the Puget Sound Area: http://www.conscioustalk.net/index.php
Click here for more info about her immersive retreats and deep guidance in Costa Rica in April of 2018: